Thursday, March 5, 2009

Nasty & Evil Weather


Nasty Evil Bike sulks in the garage humiliated by my ghetto commuting set-up of an old day-pack inside a plastic bag bungied to his back.


Just got home from work after riding through a storm. 50kph winds, heavy rain warning, 90% humidity and although it's 11 o'clock at night it's still 20ÂșC. Weird!

The wind gusts were so strong (and the roads so wet) I had to ride 1.5m out from the kerb and keep my speed under 25kph because I was getting blown sideways up to a metre. 

On an uphill section that I sometimes ride in granny-gear the wind was so strong at my back that I was being blown up it without pedaling. 

Why don't more people commute by bike? This was the most fun I've had all week!

1 comment:

Doug said...

I know what you mean. Some of my funnest rides have been during blizzards with 100k wind gusts. It helps me feel alive!