Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Zealand Singlespeed Championship

I have entered. What an idiot! 42 years old, no fitness and a 36 pound snow bike. At least other people will get a laugh out of it. I see nothing but pain...

I have 7 weeks to get fit enough to finish, which isn't going to be easy with my busted ankle. The recovery from the reconstruction is taking a long time and I am really only riding with one and a half legs at the moment.



None of my friends ride singlespeeds but I have conned one of them into converting his lovely classic Fat Chance with my spare parts for the event. I wanted some company and someone to share travel and accommodation expenses with. Thanks Murray.

2 comments:

David Benson said...

Which potential scenario from the forthcoming global catastrophe persuaded you that it would be a good idea to get a Pugsley?
What's it gonna be? A new Ice Age, or desertification?
Do you reckon that either will have kicked in by April 26?

Antoine said...

I live near the beach.

As for April 26 - I'm praying for a heavy dump of snow in Rotorua that weekend to give me an unfair advantage.