Monday, March 24, 2008

Training Nosedive


One month to go to the New Zealand Singlespeed champs and I've spent the last five days sitting on the toilet.

"I WILL NEVER, EVER, EAT A SERVICE STATION PIE AGAIN!"

I started the Easter long weekend feeling like the bike on the left and now I feel like the little one on the right. Five kilograms (11lbs) lost in the first three days and I was skinny to start with.

This Easter weekend was supposed to include two three hour rides and a trip to the forest. I am never going to fit enough for this thing if I get sick again. 

My new goal for the race is just to finish it riding the bike and not walking beside it. I had been aiming to not finish last ;-)

2 comments:

Jeff Moser said...

I've been trying to slim down a bit. Tell me more about these Service Station Pies...

Antoine said...

Oh yeah, it's been great. I've enjoyed hanging out in the oval office this past week. Just start eating raw chicken for lunch Jeff - Campilobactor is your friend!